Avenue Link New Position: Director of Technology
About Avenue Link: Avenue Link is a digital marketing agency specializing in online and mobile lead generation for a variety of industries. We are a growing company with lots of opportunities and recent achievements – Ranked by Inc Publication, as the 153rd fastest growing company in the US in 2014, and local publication Ingram’s, as the 2nd fastest growing privately held company in Kansas City. We are a young, talented, fast paced group of individuals, and are looking to bring top talent to our team.
Job Summary: The Director of Technology will be the senior technical leader in the company. Your responsibilities include: define and maintain the technical roadmap, lead the technical team, continuously review/evaluate/prioritize current projects relative to client impact and revenue generation, drive the design and development of new platforms related to business needs, enhance reliability and performance of existing systems, recruit and train new employees, and to work with sales and marketing on IT related projects. The ideal candidate will be organized, creative, driven, able to anticipate market trends, rapidly synthesize complex information, and find clear and innovative solutions to challenges as they arise.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a technology roadmap that matches the short term needs of clients and the long term aggressive growth plans for Avenue Link through a robust framework that plans and coordinates technical development.
- Provide engineering execution excellence, as well as technical vision and direction, to ensure the development team is aligned with the strategy and cadence of the company
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT department
- Provide strategic technology leadership in support of business objectives
- Understand and mesh with current company culture
- Define objectives and track results for team members in a supportive, motivating, and fact-driven way
- Assist with Project management
- Have an entrepreneur type attitude
- Be willing to adapt to current business practices and procedures
- Attract, retain, mentor, and develop an outstanding and motivated team
- Work with our system admin team
- Work closely with the CEO and COO on a regular basis to align the company’s goals and vision
- Understand and learn how all Avenue Link Systems function
- When necessary, coach team members on coding practices and in making business-driven decisions
- Effectively communicate with business clients on IT related topics
- Use an organized, self-reliant approach to document and meet commitments
- Proactively identify and resolve issues relating to people, product, tech, and process
- Work across other departments to get alignment on dev-related items
- 5 +years’ experience managing developers and systems administrators, and the products they produce and support (a half-dozen medium-sized interconnected applications and 60 Linux servers in this case).
- 5 +years’ experience managing the full software development lifecycle from requirements gathering through development completion and continued application support.
- 3 years’ experience managing high-volume 24x7 java web applications.
- Extensive project management experience.
- A desire to utilize proven technologies and techniques rather than the latest and greatest fads.
- The ability to mediate between competent, Sr technical staff who have a difference of opinion on a technical matter, even when the technical staff members may be more capable than you in the matter being discussed.
- The ability to understand what the client needs even when they contract with what they say.
We are excited about what the right person in this role will accomplish, and we want you to be excited about the journey ahead. This position is not for everyone. The dream team candidate could have a track record of working with corporations or start-ups. We want someone who loves challenges, looks and sounds like he/she can weather any storm, will always see the bright side despite adversity, and never gives up. That's why we have explicit goals already in place for the initial months of this position, so you know exactly what's expected: In applying, please submit cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please respond to the following question: Tell us one thing that you did that had the biggest impact on your development as a leader.
Compensation: Competitive Salary with upside and benefits package
Benefits package includes:
- Profit Share
- Paid Time Off
- Flex Time
- Health Coverage