The Service Desk Coordinator is responsible for providing world-class IT support for our customers in a variety of ways, including proper routing, management, follow up and customer communication for technology incidents reported to the Purple Guys Service Desk, and by effectively communicating with customers in all situations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for managing incoming incident ticket activity from phone, email, portal and diagnostic tools; effectively document, prioritize and assign incoming service requests;
- Responsible for determining whether ticket falls within managed services scope;
- Utilizes system and other reference tools to determine ticket urgency, and proper technician assignment; maintain effective and efficient use of CW and ticket flow;
- This position is responsible for scheduling tickets on field or service tech calendar within internal SLA targets;
- Responsible for providing excellent follow up communication with the customers and technicians to ensure the tickets are worked on the schedule; assist with customer follow up and communication as needed;
- Manages incident activity to ensure all tickets are being worked within SLA, while maintaining SLA response time; maintain CW ticket related data;
- This position is expected to ensure service desk team and field team technician calendars remain full to maximize productivity and monitor ticket trends by customer and/or by technology; schedule project plans as they are delivered;
- Meets daily and weekly with Director of Operations to review ticket activity and SLA performance; ensuring SLA’s and ticket volume service desk efficiency;
- Responsible for escalating client issues when appropriate, identify how ticket processes, management, and reporting can be improved;
- Represent the company at client meetings, vendor meetings, formal functions, as required and attend CW on-line training to identify areas of improvement;
- This position is responsible for learning about key technologies utilized by technicians to diagnose problems, basic technologies utilized by customers, and basic IP Networking, Virus Protection, Windows, Outlook and server Support;
- Weekly visits to strategic client sites and to customer sites as needed (KC area only);
- All Purple Guy associates are expected to participate in weekly staff meetings and complete a minimum of three (3) hours of volunteer work each quarter;
- All Purple Guys associates are expected to meaningfully express themselves either internally or externally to better spring ideas and viable solutions; every associate is expected to operate with integrity, care about the success of our clients, work hard and take pride in the work they produce;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of a 2-5 years customer service experience, Associates Degree in Related Field, or suitable combination of education and relevant experience preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and Excel, strong oral communication skills, organization, facilitation, and communication and presentation skills along with a high degree of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm;
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to thrive within a fast-paced, high pressure environment, and ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines and excellent problem solving ability;
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times.
All associates are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing The Purple Guys. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company. They are expected to have a positive attitude and strong moral character. The Purple Guys views each of these traits as performance indicators, and associate appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which associates are rated.
While performing the duties of this position the associate is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.